What’s up gang?
I’m back! I have missed you all so much, but I have had some crazy fun adventures while I was away. You know me… I was out traveling the world, spending time with my family and friends, talking to strangers... talking to trees, and meeting all of you amazing people. And what I realized is we definitely need to have more fun, relax, enjoy life and know without a doubt that things are going to work out for us. Yes we need to worry less and feel ease and flow more. I am not getting all zen here, I am just saying let's take it up a notch and get some more good stuff coming our way. Let's shift the energy around and create some powerful positive stuff, that has you excited about every day and sleeping like a baby.
That’s right, my new blog is now called What Keeps You Up at Night? But don’t worry, there will still be lots of positive stuff you need to know. I just changed it up a bit. I decided that what we really need to talk about is everything and anything that has you tossing and turning in your bed. The things in our lives that cause us unneeded and definitely not necessary worry. We are going to get to the bottom of what causes all that negative chatter in your head and squash it... debunk it. Then with our foolproof solutions and ideas, we can make room for all the positive stuff you need to know. Filled with all these super easy tips, you will not only sleep like a baby but your days will be filled with lots of high energy and you will look forward to what the day has in store. Are you ready… here we go.
Oy Vey… aren’t there sooooooooooo many things that keep you up at night? Maybe it is what you said at the dinner party? Maybe it is money? Maybe it is those kids? Your spouse? Your job? Boyfriend? Weight? Health? Wrinkles… should you get botox? All of you out there… why are you up at night… is it politics? Yikes. Are you worried about terrorism, what you look like, how to manage stress, or dealing with your crazy family? Look no further because we will talk about it all and get answers to each and every topic.
But for our first segment, of many you can look forward to, let's get some tips out there that will help you drift off to dreamland no matter what your worried about.
- That glass of wine might make you fall asleep faster, but you will be BING! wide awake in the middle of the night. Even though red wine contains melatonin that helps you fall asleep, it metabolizes quickly, causing your sleep cycle to be off, and you wake up multiple times in the night. (Health.com: 7 Foods That Help You Sleep)
- What you eat before bed also makes a difference. Cherries contain melatonin that helps you fall asleep. Bananas also contain the natural muscle-relaxants magnesium and potassium. Turkey contains tryptophan, which is a chemical that makes you sleepy. (Health.com: 7 Foods That Help You Sleep). Decaf tea is also a great option to get your body calm and ready to dream. It is relaxing and warming with herbal ingredients that promote sleep. (Huffington Post: 13 All-Natural Ways to Fall Asleep Faster)
- Meditation is a great way to prepare your body and mind for sleep. Whatever form yours takes, whether it is 5 minutes or 30, guided or on your own… your muscles become calm, and your mind becomes focused on positive and relaxing images. Check out Spotify’s new meditation playlists for an easy way to start.
- If your mind is spinning… write it out. I keep a journal next to my bed so I am ready to write down any inspirations that are making me too excited to sleep at night. I also write out things that are bothering me, so I can get them out , and clear my head. The next day, if needed, I may come back to them when I am well rested and ready to come from a place of strength, power, and love.
- Try to stop drinking fluids 2 hours before you are going to sleep. And of course pee before you zzz. You do not want to be woken up in the night trying to find your way to the bathroom in the dark. But if you do, get some night lights so you keep it dim.
Want to do a little reading on your own and dive into a world of positivity, happiness, health, and of course… a great night’s sleep? Look out for the book of the month. I promise these will be quick reads that are loaded with great information. Check out November's blog for our first book. I am so excited!
I will also bring you the chef of the month, to help bring you Food Freedom.
So what keeps you up at night? I want to know. Write me, message me, email me, come and find me. I am the loud one with the curly hair... hard to miss. Let me know what topics you want to talk about. Stay up to date on all of my thoughts, positivity, and ideas on my social media pages at the bottom of the screen. I can’t wait to hear all about your frisky lives!
Until next week, all good things.